Monday, February 02, 2009

New Feature

I am starting a new feature that will somehow fill the void that not having a TV has left me (especially late at night when I used to watch religious programming).

It is called "Religious Nutjob Site of the Day"

We begin with a dandy-- Rapture Ready.

A full-service, pre-tribulation website! You can leave left behind letters to your unsaved loved ones. (I wonder if I have any. I know they probably take a dim view of us Whiskeypalians).

It also has a top ten feature listing the ten most alarming modern events that are pointing to the rapture!

You can get entertaining wallpaper for your computer or look at their 10 most likely candidates for the antichrist. (Hey, President Obama looks really good in Renaissance versions of Middle Eastern clothing! I'd bet Jesus actually looked more like him than he does the white dudes with beards we see in Sunday School rooms!)

This site is fantastic. Read it and get ready.

(I just hope that I'm not driving my heathen 14 year old around when it comes or cooking eggs!! Oh Lawd!!!!)

3 comments:

jonder said...

This is a great start, Tim! I am adding a link from your blog to my (music nerd) blog.

You inspired me to join the Stay at Home Dad group in Atlanta. But even before that, it was holding your infant daughter that gave me my first inkling of how awe-inspiring parenthood could be. (I still have the photo, and I can't believe she's 14 now.)

Being a HouseHusband (or a SAHD) has been alternately -- even simultaneously -- fulfilling and frustrating. Time spent with my children is something I'll never regret, and the experience has given me greater respect for mothers in general, and my mom in particular. Father on, fellow father!

David_A said...

Nothin wrong with being sceptic - thats how many of us start - still.. i like ur humour and nothin to say that God doesn't understand it... but u must be a little frightened over-protective to devote so much time to Someone you dont believe in - smart guy - smart blog - not wise tho :)

Tim Black said...

who do I not believe in?